Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Model 1012

  1. #1
    Inactive Member teseniar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello all,
    I'm new to the group and I just talked my brother out of a pair of Model 1012 3-way speakers thats been in his basement unused for about 10 years. The cabinets are in good shape and all appears to be ok with them except the foam surrounds. It's been years since I've heard these speakers but I remember that they were fairly good quality. Are there any opions on these speakers? Are they worth my time and money to restore them? Are they really the quality that I think I remember? A source for the proper foam surrounds?

    Thanks, Robert

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    If the HF and MF speakers are OK (they usually are), then it IS worth it to have the LF speakers re-foamed.

    Bill @ Great Plains Audio re-foamed my Model 6-II's, and is going to do ones on my Model 1012's shortly. I wouldn't trust ANYONE else!

    Nice sounding speakers!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Robert,
    I have heard the 1012's and thought they sounded great. I have a pair of 1010's (smaller version of the 1012's) and they sound very nice also. The early 80's Altec hi-fi line was, IMHO, a terrific array of speakers.

    By all means send the drivers to Great Plains Audio-they will make them good as new.

    Jim Butler

  4. #4
    Inactive Member teseniar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the reply. I've just sent an email to Great Plains to get things started. Would anyone know any of the specs on these speakers? Power requirements, etc.?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.